My name is Maddy Osman. Let’s connect on LinkedIn.
I’m a jack of all trades and a master of none. A few selected interests/hobbies of mine:
- Web Design
- Social Media Marketing and Content Creation
- Cuddling with my dog
- Reading. Constantly (follow my progress/reading list on GoodReads)
- Gym rat
- Obsessive recipe tester
- Trash TV Enthusiast
- Amateur Nutritionist
And most importantly – scouting out a great deal.
I’m of the mindset that you should never pay full price for anything. I can also deal with not always instantly gratifying my desires. These two philosophies mesh well together and I’m hoping that by constantly updating this blog, I can prove that to you. Furthermore, sometimes you’re the big spending, and sometimes you’re the cheap ass. Use my blog to help guide your decisions so you have more money to play with, overall.
Also – obviously cities are the most expensive geographical locations in which to live. But they are a cesspool of activity and there’s always SOMETHING going on that doesn’t necessarily cost an arm and a leg. I’m relatively new to Chicago living, but am constantly making strides to learn more about it.
Here, you can expect to find articles on:
- Cheap things to do in Chicago (duh)
- Cheap things to eat in Chicago
- Chicago History/Pop Culture
- Chicago Businesses and why you should pay attention to them
- Save or Splurge? Debates
- Recipes for cheap eating at home
- General frugality tips
And more as the blog grows!
A huge thanks to the people that have helped make Chicago Cheap Ass possible by contributing their time and talents:
- Maddy Osman (me, duh) – I write primarily about events, restaurants, and product reviews.
- Mallory LePage, who sacrifices her body to bring you beauty reviews
- Rob Johnson, who stirs the pot on dating issues
- Brian Wolf, who gives useful personal finance advice
- Sam Greszes, who writes about Chicago nightlife and drinking
- Josh Starner, who shares personal training tips
- Grant Mooney, who writes satire about Chicago
- Nico Pressley, who contributes special interest blog posts
Interested in contributing? I’m always looking for new writers! Let’s get in touch.